Whilst we take the utmost care when packing and sending items to you we understand sometimes items sustain minor damage whilst in transit. We understand this can be frustrating so we are here to ensure the process is straightforward and hassle-free for our customers.
What is a Transit Claim?
Transit damage claims are only applicable for items that remain unused and/or uninstalled. That has been damaged during transit.
Goods believed to be faulty are covered with the Manufacturer’s warranty claim. For example, if an item has been received in full and found to have a fault this may be deemed as a warranty claim and is not applicable to a transit damage claim.
Terms & Conditions of Transit Claims:
- All claims must be submitted to Camp Smart Pty Ltd in writing within 48hours of receipt of the goods
- Limited transit damage claims are applicable to goods purchased from Campsmart, delivered and damaged as a direct result of a transportation accident, prior to any installation or use.
- Failure to lodge a claim within 48 hours of delivery will result in the transit damage claim being void. It is the buyer's responsibility to check all goods within the given timeframe after delivery.
- Only goods sent with signature delivery are eligible for transit damage claim.
- Once we receive a transit damage claim Campsmart will assess the damage and contact the claimant with an outcome. Campsmart reserves the right to choose the outcome which may include, repair, refund, or replacement of goods and is in line with Australian Consumer Guarantee Standards.
- Any order where the buyer has given authority to leave without signature will void any transit damage claim.
- Items that have been used, installed, and or misused will be deemed to void a transit damage claim.
- Transit damage claims lodged after 48 hours of delivery are subject to discretionary approval
How to Claim
All claimants must provide the following high-quality photographic evidence to support their claim:
- Close-up images and one from afar clearly show:
- Damage to the item;
- Damage to the packaging
- Any other relevant photo/s
Camp Smart will not provide transit damage claims for items broken by the buyer or installed incorrectly.
False or misleading claims will be handed as fraudulent and may be formally reported.