In order to remove the faulty bolt so that you are able to install the replacement, please see the following:
1. Firstly you have to cut the spring so that the top flap is able to come away from the main body.
2. This needs to be done as it slides on a channel & lifts off at 90 degrees.
3. Then you will need to hammer out the plastic grommet.
4. We suggest using the end of a drill bit to hammer this out.
5. At this point, you should be able to insert the bolt and turn it into position.
6. You can now put the screw back on and fit the top back in the grooved channel by tilting almost 90 degrees allowing it to slot in.
7. Finally, simply tap the plastic into place, allowing you to push through the hole.